The Canadian National Exhibition, or the CNE, is the highlight of the summer for both Torontonians and tourists alike. It is a celebration of Canadian culture, and saying good-bye to summer with a blast, just before school begins. Here we present the answers to some of the most common questions that will help you get the most enjoyment from the CNE this year.
When does the CNE take place?
The CNE takes place from August 18 to September 4, 2023. It ends on the Labour Day Monday each year.
Where does the CNE take place?
The CNE takes place at the Exhibition Place, in Toronto. The address is 100 Princes’ Blvd, Toronto, ON M6K 3C3. It is located between Gardner Expressway to the north and Lake Shore Blvd. W. to the south, just west of Strachan Ave.
How much does it cost to enter the CNE?
Prices vary depending on what day you go and what time of the day. Weekends cost more. After 5 pm is the cheapest but you have to pay at the gate, which is $11. Day Pass prices range start at $25 per person per day (advanced tickets are $20). Day Passes online have the full rate, there are discounts for seniors. This does not include the rides. If you want to have a pass that includes all the rides as well, this costs $43, or you can pay at the grounds for the rides you want. Children 5 to 13 years old can enter for free with a Kid’s Pass. Presto cardholders can get discounts on day passes.
What can I do at the CNE? What are some of the activities and attractions at the CNE?
Some of the activities and attractions that you can enjoy at the CNE are:
- A showground, fairground, carnival, concerts, horse show, farmyard, garden show, food hall, restaurants and a fabulous Mardi Gras parade.
- Unlimited midway rides on any one day of the 2023 CNE with a ride-all-day pass.
- The SuperDogs show new super-powered show, “PAWVENGERS”, featuring adorable dogs performing amazing tricks.
- The 73rd annual Canadian International Air Show from September 3 to 5 featuring the Canadian Armed Forces Parachute Team & Canadian Forces Snowbirds, and the U.S. Navy Blue Angels.
- The 4th annual Gaming Garage Powered by AMD, where you can play video games, watch esports tournaments, meet gaming celebrities and more.
The CNE is a great place to have fun, learn new things and celebrate Canadian culture. It is held for 18 days in late August leading up to and including Labour Day.
What can I bring in to the CNE?
You are allowed to bring your own food, even coolers (subject to search by security). Bring refillable water bottles as there are plenty of water stations.
Some of the prohibited items include:
- Alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic beverages are sold on the grounds.
- Illegal drugs.
- Weapons of any kind.
- In-line skates, bicycles, skateboards, hoverboards, scooters, vehicles, drones.
- Pets, except service animals.
- Any item that security would deem to be of danger to other visitors.
More info: https://www.theex.com/ticket-terms-conditions/.
What should I wear to the CNE?
You should wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Check the forecast for the day you plan to go. You might consider bringing an umbrella (either for shade or rain), and/or a light jacket. There is a lot of walking at the CNE, so make sure you have your most comfortable shoes for walking.