Scarborough, Ontario is a vibrant and diverse neighborhood that offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re a nature lover, history buff, or food enthusiast, Scarborough has something for everyone. Here are the top 10 things to do in Scarborough:
- Explore the Scarborough Bluffs: These stunning cliffs offer breathtaking views of Lake Ontario and are perfect for hiking, picnicking, or simply enjoying the natural beauty of the area.
- Visit the Toronto Zoo: Located in Scarborough, the Toronto Zoo is home to over 5,000 animals from around the world. Spend a day exploring the various exhibits and learning about wildlife conservation.
- Relax at Scarborough Beaches: Scarborough is known for its beautiful sandy beaches, such as Bluffer’s Park Beach and Rouge Beach. Take a dip in the lake, soak up the sun, or enjoy a picnic by the water.
- Discover the Scarborough Museum: Step back in time at the Scarborough Museum, which showcases the history and heritage of the area. Explore the historic buildings and learn about Scarborough’s early settlers.
- Shop at Scarborough Town Centre: This large shopping mall offers a wide range of stores, from high-end fashion brands to popular retailers. Spend a day browsing the shops, catching a movie, or enjoying a meal at one of the many restaurants.
- Visit the Scarborough Arts Centre: This vibrant arts hub showcases the work of local artists and hosts various exhibitions, workshops, and events throughout the year. Immerse yourself in Scarborough’s thriving arts scene.
- Explore Rouge National Urban Park: Located in Scarborough, Rouge National Urban Park is the largest urban park in North America. With over 79 square kilometers of protected land, it offers endless opportunities for hiking, birdwatching, and wildlife spotting.
- Enjoy a round of golf: Scarborough is home to several golf courses, including the renowned Cedar Brae Golf Club and Tam O’Shanter Golf Course. Tee off and enjoy a day on the greens.
- Indulge in international cuisine: Scarborough is known for its diverse culinary scene, with a wide range of international cuisines to choose from. Whether you’re craving Indian, Chinese, Middle Eastern, or Caribbean food, you’ll find it all in Scarborough.
- Attend a cultural festival: Scarborough hosts numerous cultural festivals throughout the year, celebrating the diversity of the community. From the Scarborough Afro-Carib Fest to the Scarborough Ribfest, there’s always something exciting happening in the neighborhood.
These are just a few of the many things to do in Scarborough, Ontario. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, you’re sure to find something that piques your interest in this vibrant neighborhood.
Scarborough sign on Borough Drive by wyliepoon https://www.flickr.com/photos/wyliepoon/31148318628
Scarborough Bluffs and Bluffers Park. Laslo Varga https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Laslovarga